Design automated machinery utilizing creative or innovative techniques.
- Design automated machinery.
- Develop new product concepts, technical drawing packages, and cost estimates.
- Incorporate engineering standards for reusable design components and standard parts.
- Interface with engineering, sales, manufacturing, assembly, and technical service.
- Create performance calculations, timing diagrams, flow charts, sequence of events and BOM’s specification sheets.
- Identify commercially available machine components.
- Generate machine models and detail drawings and mechanical assemblies.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Filamatic provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering/Machine Design/Mechanical or minimum of 10 years’ experience with Machine design/Engineering.
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience of designing production equipment.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience creating machine designs independently.
- Demonstrated ‘blank page’ design experience.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.).
- Engineering and design principles, Tolerance Stack Up Analysis, Geometric Tolerancing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of FDA, ASME standards/regulations preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- 3D Design experience -Solidworks, engineering and design principles, Tolerance Stack Up Analysis, Geometric Tolerancing.
- Experience with incorporating multi-axis motion control systems, electromechanical systems, and pneumatics.
- Exceptional concept and problem-solving skills.
- Creative and innovative skills.
- Good communication skills.
- The ability to control a project from concept to completion.
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Experience designing automated machinery, such as assembly machines and continuous motion machines.
- Experience with liquid filling machines desired but not required.
- Experience with packaging machines preferred.
- Familiarity with machine shop/manufacturing practices.
- Job requires sitting and manual work more than 75% of work time on average, standing, walking, talking/hearing, stooping/kneeling
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, transfer or promotion without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.